- Death penalty via lethal injection will continue in Virginia, as the General Assembly agrees to keep those drug providers’ names secret, via the Daily Press. (Pictured above: House Speaker William Howell, left, talks with Marcus Simon and David Tuscano, right, during a debate over the bill. Photo via AP.)
- Court documents: Two Chesapeake police officers face misdemeanor assault charges after a Deep Creek man says they hurt him as they arrested him in October, a claim the department says is “substantiated,” via the Pilot.
- Virginia Beach police chief told City Council “vertical compression” has led to lower-level officers making thousands more than those with a higher rank — and the same “demoralizing” issue is affecting VB’s fire department, via Southside Daily.
- The LPGA tournament is coming to Kingsmill in Williamsburg. Watch this video of its media day from the Daily Press.
- Warm and breezy weather is in store for #HRVA Thursday, via the Daily Press.